your quality
pathway to

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. It is located in Student Services and can be accessed during office hours.

No. We are an adult institution. You only need to be on campus for classes.

No. We are an adult institution. You only need to be on campus for classes.

Speak with your teacher to find out what you can do to improve. Visit the Learning Centre in the Library where you may be able to get help with some of your subjects.

Perhaps the subjects you have chosen are not appropriate. Pay a visit to the counsellor or one of the student advisors who will be able to give you some advise on how to achieve your goals.

The College has a music room containing a piano. You are more than welcome to bring in other musical instruments.

At Student Services you can ask to do the "Career Voyage" program with an advisor. The program is used by many career advice agencies. It will allow access to computer software which will enable the advisor to suggest career pathways most suited to your strengths and interests.

The College has a gym where you can play badminton, table-tennis and basketball. There is a grassed area where soccer matches are organised on a regular basis. Tennis courst are located at the back of the College.

The Student Services staff will do their utmost to give you a timetable to suit work or childcare commitments. However, rearranging your timetable may often be constrained by class numbers and/or limited subject offerings.

Yes. The Counsellor and Student Advisors have a wealth of experience in the various avenues into university, the courses offered at the different universities and the prerequisites needed.

Canning College is a mature age institution. Staff can not legally give out information on students who are 18 years or older without their consent. However, where a student is under the age of 18 the College can provide a report to either the parent or guardian.