Canning College offers a Diploma of Commerce that provides a guaranteed pathway into Year 2 of a Bachelor Degree at the University of Western Australia, Curtin University, Murdoch University and the University of Notre Dame Australia. A comprehensive curriculum, extra tuition time and dedicated staff ensures students are well prepared for university studies.
The program is delivered through the following two streams:
- 52751WA Diploma of Commerce UWA Stream which articulates into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Western Australia, Murdoch University and the University of Notre Dame Australia
- 52750WA Diploma of Commerce Curtin Stream which articulates into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Commerce at Curtin University Murdoch University and the University of Notre Dame Australia
Diploma of Commerce Brochure (35.4Mb pdf)
52751WA Diploma of Commerce UWA
52750WA Diploma of Commerce Curtin Stream
"I have chosen Canning College because Canning College's Diploma of Commerce program is one of the greatest pathways for me to enter UWA. The class size of the program is smaller compared to UWA and this is one of the main reasons why I chose to continue my studies in Canning College. In this college, we will have more chances to communicate with our lecturers and therefore to up skill our English language before entering UWA. One more thing that I love about Canning College is their teaching staff are really nice and super approachable!"
Huiying Chung (Malaysia)
1 year, 2 semesters each of 18 weeks duration
720 hours - 20 hours per week
Completion of Year 12, Certificate IV in University Access Program or equivalent.
International Student English Competency Requirements
- WACE English, WAUFP ELACS: 50%
- WACE EALD: 50%
- GCE 'O' Level English: C6
- 1119 SPM English: C4
- HKCEE English: Level 4
- IELTS Overall Band Score: 6.0 or equivalent
Click here for further details.
Semester 1, 2020:
Orientation: 12 February - 14 February 2020.
Classes: 17 February - 9 April 2020
Study break: 10 April - 28 April 2020
Classes: 29 April - 29 May 2020
Study break: 2 June - 5 June 2020
Semester 1 exams: 8 June - 19 June 2020
Semester 2, 2020:
Orientation: 22 July - 24 July 2020.
Classes: 27 July - 25 September 2020
Study break: 26 September - 12 October 2020
Classes: 13 October - 6 November 2020
Study break: 9 November - 13 November 2020
Semester 2 exams: 16 November - 27 November 2020
2021 course dates can be found in the Academic Calendar
Canning College is the Registered Training Organisation (RTO 2047) and CRICOS Provider (00463B) for the delivery of training to international students enrolled in Western Australia.
Both Diploma Courses below are accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA):
52751WA Diploma of Commerce UWA Stream
52750WA Diploma of Commerce Curtin stream
UWA Stream: 52751WA CRICOS code: 088969E
Curtin Stream: 52750WA CRICOS code: 088967F
February Entry 2021: AUD$25,000.00
July Entry 2021: AUD$25,000.00
* Course cost does not include Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This is a compulsory medical cover for ALL international students, as required by the Department of Home Affairs.
Contact Student Services on (+618) 9278 3500 or email Canning.Col.Admissions@education.wa.edu.au