WA Universities' Foundation Program (WAUFP)
The Foundation Program has been specially designed to meet the needs of international students. It is offered in three modes: January Entry, April Entry and Mid-Year Entry. January and April Entry courses finish in November 2018 and Mid-Year Entry course finishes in June 2019.
The January intake is a standard program which is suitable for all students who meet minimum entry requirements. April intake is a discrete express course for above average students.
Final results are issued by the college and TISC. THE CPS is a 50:50 combination of college results and final TISC examinations results. Moderation is undertaken independently by TISC. WA university applications are managed through Canning College and TISC. Students can package with WA universitises but conditions may apply. Scholarships based on academic merit are available.
WAUFP Booklet (2.7 MB pdf)
Western Australian Universities' Foundation Program Certificate issued by TISC (Tertiary Admissions Service Centre)
Where This Course
Will Take Me?
• Guaranteed entry into a Western Australian public university on successful completion and meeting the universities' entry requirements. WA public universities are Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and The University of Western Australia.
• Acceptance by government and private universities throughout Australia and overseas.
• Choice of university and undergraduate courses
January entry: 11 months (January - November)
April entry: 8 months (April - November*)
August entry: 10 months (August - June*)
* Please refer to Prospectus for current dates.
Students in the standard January and August intake receive 9 hours per week of tuition in ELACS (English language and Australian Cultural Studies) and 4.5 hours per week in other subjects.
Students in the April intake receive an extra hour per week of tuition in each unit. At the time of the final examinations in November, these students will have had approximately the same total tuition hours as those who commenced in January.
English Competency Requirements
- GCE 'O' Level English, 1119: C6
- SPM English: C6
- Hong Kong F5 English: Level 3
- minimum level IELTS 5.5 (SVP students require IELTS 5.5 or equivalent)
- TOEFL: 525 or 195 (new grading system)
Academic Requirements Satisfactory completion of Year 11 studies or equivalent. For further information contact the International Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
January Entry: Orientation Sunday 21 January 2018. Classes commence Wednesday 31 January 2018
April Entry: Orientation Tuesday 25 April 2018. Classes commence 1 May 2018
Mid-Year Entry: Orientation Thursday 26 July 2018. Classes commence Monday 30 July 2018
The course is provided on behalf of the Western Australian public universities - The University of Western Australia, Curtin University, Murdoch University and Edith Cowan University. TISC manages the program and the Department of Education Services is the registering authority.
CRISCOS Course Code: 076495K Visa subclass: 575; Non-award
January Entry 2018: AUD$23,578.00 (plus AUD$605.00 per 12 months OSHC*)
April Entry 2018: AUD$23,578.00 (plus AUD$605.00 per 12 months OSHC*)
Mid-Year Entry 2018: AUD$23,578.00 (plus AUD$605.00 per 12 months OSHC*)
* OSHC - BUPA Overseas Student Health Cover. This is a compulsory medical cover for ALL international students, as required by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
Contact the International Office on 9351 5665