your quality
pathway to

OSHC - Medical Insurance


Every international student is required to have medical insurance for the period of the course at Canning College. This is a regulation imposed by DIAC.

Medical insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover) is provided by Bupa. The OSHC helps pay for medical and hospital cares that students may need whilst studying in Australia and will contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines (up to applicable limits) as well as medically necessary ambulance transport.

The Canning College International Student Office will arrange this on commencement of your studies. For more information about OSHC, click here.

Urgent Medical Treatment

In circumstances where the student requires urgent medical attention and it is not possible to contact a parent/custodian/local carer, Canning College is authorised to arrange appropriate medical care.