Information regarding Coronavirus
UPDATED: 26 March 2020 (5PM AWST)
Western Australian authorities have today delivered a series of directives that will impact on the operation of all schools, including Canning College.
In a continued effort to control the spread of COVID-19, the WA Government has set out measures that will require significant changes to how students engage in their education at Canning College. It is important to note that this new information, outlined below, is preventative only and that the medical advice on safety in schools has not changed.
The new directives and general advice are as follows:
- Students who are able to continue their learning from home, rather than attending Canning College, are encouraged to do so
- Canning College will be closed for teaching after Friday, April 3
- From Monday, April 6 to Thursday, April 9, Canning College will be open for supervision only
- Teaching for Term Two will be reconfigured to allow for a combination of learning including the online delivery of some components of the curriculum
- Although no decision has been made on the sitting of Final Examinations, Year 12 students will not be disadvantaged
The adoption of these new measures will assist in ensuring students are safe and healthy as they continue towards the completion of their studies.
In the short term, and while curriculum is being reconfigured, students can access learning support through the CONNECT online system. Further details regarding teaching programs will be sent to students via their @education email tomorrow.
Students accommodated through the Australian Homestay Network should discuss these changed circumstances with their Homestay Host. Canning College will also communicate with Homestay Hosts to ensure they have a clear understanding of the situation.
All students have been sent a link to a form which must be completed to indicate whether they will be attending Canning College during this period.
Students who require assistance on any matters are encouraged to visit the Student Services Centre or contact the College on 9278 3500 or Canning.Col.Info@education.wa.edu.au.
COVID-19 has created unprecedented challenges for everyone but we at Canning College will continue to do everything possible to ensure students receive the best possible care and academic support.
CLICK HERE for further information regarding COVID-19.