your quality
pathway to


Accommodation is an important aspect of student life in Perth, particularly for international students, many of whom are studying away from home for the first time. Canning College aims to ensure that all students are comfortably and safely housed in order that they can focus on their studies. An Accommodation Officer is available at the College's Student Service Office to provide a comprehensive accommodation service for international students. Accommodation styles include homestay, on-campus student accommodation at Vickery House, off-campus rental or staying with relatives.

UniLodge at Curtin University - Vickery House is located within attractive gardens on the south-east boundary of Curtin University, these 42 single storey six and eight bedroom fully furnished flats are about a 20 minute walk wot Waterford Plaza shopping centre and major public transport.


Accommodation Requirements for Students under 18 Years of Age

The Department of Home Affairs requires students who are under the age of 18 years to have appropriate arrangements made for their welfare in Australia. This includes the need to appoint a local legal guardian and specific requirements for their accommodation.

Appropriate accommodation arrangements for students under the age of 18 years are homestay, on-campus student accommodation at Vickery House or with an adult relative who will act as the student's legal guardian. Students under the age of 18 are not permitted to live in shared student accommodation.

All accommodation arrangements must be approved by the College and the student's parents, prior to arrival. Any change to accommodation arrangements must be negotiated with Canning College and be made with the approval of the student's parents.

Our surroundings