Student portal


Accommodation is an important aspect of student life in Perth, particularly for international students, many of whom are studying away from home for the first time. Canning College aims to ensure that all students are comfortably and safely housed in order that they can focus on their studies. An Accommodation Officer is available at the College's International Office to provide a comprehensive accommodation service for international students. Accommodation styles include homestay, on-campus student accommodation at either Vickery House or Canning Mews, off-campus rental or staying with relatives.

Accommodation Requirements for Students under 18 Years of Age

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) requires students who are under the age of 18 years to have appropriate arrangements made for their welfare in Australia. This includes the need to appoint a local legal guardian and specific requirements for their accommodation.

Appropriate accommodation arrangements for students under the age of 18 years are homestay, on-campus student accommodation at Vickery House or with an adult relative who will act as the student's legal guardian. Students under the age of 18 are not permitted to live in shared student accommodation.

All accommodation arrangements must be approved by Canning College. The Canning College International Office Accommodation Officer must be notified and kept up to date about all accommodation arrangements and contact detail changes such as address, email address and mobile phone number.

Our surroundings

College Students